Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thoughts...

My semester in Rome has been one of, if not the best experience of my life. I have learned so much about the italian culture, the world, and architecture. I did not expect the experience to be what is was...I thought that I would be stuck in studio all the time, building models and such, like I am back at Catholic. However, Rome was our classroom, and we traveled around to different areas in Rome constanly. Which allowed us to learn and see with our own eyes, rather than hearing about it or reading about it off of a Xerox. The two trips that we went on were amazing...traveling around Europe with the rest of my classmates, many of them my close friends was something I will never forget. We went to many of the big cities, like Venice, Milan, but also to smaller ones. I spent my Spring Break in Austria...I will definitely go back. I spent time in Salzburg, Haltstatt, and Vienna. However, the best part of the time was Capri. The views were amazing and seeing Casa Malaparte was one one of the best parts of the trip, if not the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment